Love. A word that is often misused and abused in today's society. We misconstrued love with lust and infatuation.
Love is something that cannot be defined. Numerous times, I have witnessed people enter a mindless relationship which lacks TRUE foundation. The so called foundation is primarily built on SEX.
Sex is NOT Love
Saying, "I Love you" to another human being is now at the equivalent of telling another human being, "I like your shoes". No meaning and no substance. My point is that most use the word Love too loosely.
I will never understand how one can tell someone, "I Love you", after only knowing them for a couple of weeks. Umm pardon my French but what in the f*ck is that?
If someone asks you, "why do you Love Johnny?", and your answer is as follows, "Well he dresses well, he is so intelligent, he can dance, he has a nice car, oh and he is HOT!!!" I hate to burst your bubble but that is not Love, no. What you have just done is list a bunch of characteristics that you like about Johnny. I was once asked this same question,"Zas how do you know you are in Love with #OOMF (I will refer to him as oomf for the reason that I do not want to disclose his name)?" I responded, "IDK. I just do. The feeling that he gives me is unexplainable. I just do."
That is how you know. (This of course is my opinion) In all honesty if you are asked why you love someone and your answer revolves around listing the characteristics that your adore about your significant other/crush, that shit isn't Love. When you Love someone there is no explanation and a list is not needed. When you Love someone you just know; it’s in your heart. (if you cannot tell the difference between Love and Lust, perhaps you should self-evaluate) You might not understand what it is about them, but you do know that they make you happy and give you an indescribable feeling which brings you happiness and joy. That is DOPE Love!!!
The media often portrays an image of what Love is or what Love should look like between two individuals.
Love is an amazing thing. True Love. Love between all Loved ones is an amazing thing. The only way you can truly love another is to first LOVE YOURSELF. Self-worth! Confidence! Self-love!
DISCLAIMER:
The Love between two people in a serious relationship takes time to mold and formulate. A solid foundation of honesty and trust and communication is necessary for this formulation to progress, as well as friendship. Meeting someone at the local bar/club, dating for a few weeks and then revealing "yo I Love you" is most definitely not the way to go. Love is not a new pair of shoes. It is not something that you give away when it gets old. No. It should be everlasting and genuine. Hence the word SHOULD.
Lust is NOT Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment